If the chain running through the sidewinder unit of your roman blinds is not raising or lowering them, you will need to replace the sidewinder unit.
Replacing the side winder on your roman blinds
- Take the blind out of the brackets.
- On the underside of the track, you will see a small screw holding the sidewinder unit in place. Loosen this to pull the faulty sidewinder unit out of the track.
- You will see within the track there is a square metal rod. On the end of the sidewinder unit that fits within the track, there is a square hole.
- Push the replacement sidewinder unit into the track, making sure the square rod fits into the square hole on the end of the sidewinder unit.
- Tighten the small screw on the underside of the track to hold the unit securely in place.
- Put the blind back in the brackets and it will be ready to use.
Browse Roman Blinds