Summer is in full swing, minus any real sunshine or heatwave... August please be good to us! Weather aside, we have been through and selected our favourite summer looks- all from our fabulous customers. Choosing blinds that work well for the summer months is all about getting the right balance, you want the bright sunshine & to be able to embrace the golden hour. But we also want to sleep past 4am & not have to suffer with greenhouse level heat.
The looks we have chosen have managed just that. On top of that they embody all the latest trends whilst maintaining a timeless look that we know you will love. Something to suit all interior tastes and styles.
1. First up we have a stunning colour clash, funky situation from @oh.for.the.love.of.furniture Anyone that follows our socials already will know we have a lot of love for this account. She has a beautiful home, full of personality whilst remaining totally stylish. She has chosen black wooden blinds for her windows & we are just really here for it. Black wooden blinds make a stylish alternative to the ever popular white wooden blinds. Slatted blinds offer excellent light and privacy control for your space.
2. Next up we have gone in a different style direction. Soft shades and muted colours are stunning every season but there’s something really special about this kind of look in summer. @ourfirsthome_no40 has paired her white wooden blinds with sheer fabric curtains. This look allows for maximum light into a space but without any glare or overheating! The detailing with beautifully placed flowers and a basket just finishes this space. It just looks like a great spot to relax and unwind after a long day- perfect!
3. There’s something really quite luxurious about this look from @thriftyhomestyling Her whole home is decorated in a signature black, white and nude vibe. An account not to be ignored! We love that she has opted for perfect fit blinds on her doors. Perfect fit blinds offer hassle free, drill free fitting. Offering all the benefits of slatted blinds but with the added bonus of being fitted directly to the door. Just picture it, summer evenings with the door open, a light breeze.. and your blinds stay in place. Say goodbye to noisy flapping blinds & keep things tidy with perfect fit.
4. Embracing a softer style with a nod to scandi, boho styling @sarahpno85 knows using different textures and light colours is key. This style works really well in small spaces, whites and bright colours stop the space feeling cluttered and overwhelming. Using a smaller width slat (25mm or 35mm) is a great choice on smaller windows or windows with a narrow recess. It keeps things fuss free! This chair is just screaming for someone to curl up with a book… or to sit scrolling Instagram!
5. Nudes, creams. woods and blacks- what a dream combo! A stunning palette of colours used to create such a fresh space. Muted and chic, but totally modern and on trend. A grown up look that will stand the test of time. Combining curtains and wooden slatted blinds give you the best of both worlds. The luxury finish of soft cloth & the practicality of slatted blinds. We are big fans of this space created by @devanahome
6. Rounding off with a bang, is this party space from @ourhomeatstillwater - we don’t know what we love more- the blinds, the balloons or the well stocked trolley bar! Choosing a contrast tape blind is a wonderful way to introduce something a little different to your window dressing. If you’re feeling really brave you can opt for a bright, statement coloured tape and create a real wow look. Minimalist but really nice subtle details that give the space a fresh unique finish.
We hope you’re feeling inspired to give your home a summer revamp now. Don’t forget to drop these guys a follow to keep up with their latest posts. And if you’re still not following our socials- get on it! We regularly share inspo, top tips & the latest news in the world of blinds! @swiftdirectblinds
If you’d like the chance to feature in our future Instagram inspo blogs and campaigns- don’t forget to tag any pictures with our products with #sharewithswift