In the event you have problems operating your new Premier Fauxwood blinds, please follow the below instructions to easily rectify this -
The slats do not tilt opened or closed –
The cord lock mechanism (on the right-hand side) will not release
- Pull the tilt cords on the left-hand side of the blind so that they are both an equal length.
- Take the blinds out of the brackets.
- Within the headrail you will see a metal rod.
- Push the rod through all the way through the mechanism on the left-hand side.
- Put the blind back in the brackets, you should now be able to tilt the slats.
- You will need a screwdriver or something similar
- Take the blind out of the brackets
- Looking into the headrail on the right-hand side you will see the cord lock mechanism.
- Using one hand pull the control cords towards the centre of the blind as if you were to lower the blind, at the same time gently push the brass cog in the mechanism down
- You should see the cog drop and this will release the cords.
- Fit the blind back in the brackets and test the mechanism, you should not be able to release the cords to raise and lower the blind.