Made to Measure Vertical Blinds
These blinds are made up of individual fabric strips that can be tilted and drawn using either a child safe wand or a dual bead chain option. Either way you can adjust the blind to let sunlight filter through, or close for privacy or shade. Vertical blinds can be drawn to one side of the window or split equally to each side for a more balanced look. This versatility offers excellent sun control for a full-length window. Blind cords can be a potential safety hazard, so all of our cord/chain operated vertical blinds come with a cord tidy for peace of mind.
The blinds are supplied complete with head rail, fittings, fabric slats and weights and chains where required.
If you require the replacement vertical fabric slat strips only, then these can be ordered following this link vertical-blind-slats
Why choose vertical blinds?
Vertical blinds are functional and stylish. They are perfect for the home or workplace as you can control the amount of light and shade within the room with ease.
Here at Swift, the made to measure vertical blinds for sale are among our most popular window dressings. This is largely down to the choice available. We offer either 89mm or 127mm-width vanes on our vertical blinds. There are lots of other options available, too. You can take your pick from a range of colours, patterns, control options, and weights, making them an extremely adaptable product that are suitable for any space.
If you’re just after a few replacement slats, we can help with that too. We make individual ones, which means they are perfect for a décor refresh if your rail is still in good working order.
Where can you fit vertical blinds?
Vertical blinds are recommended for windows, conservatories and patio doors, however they work beautifully in living rooms, dining rooms and bedrooms.
As our vertical window shades can be manufactured with different control options, including the child safe control wand, they can be adapted perfectly to work in any space. They can also fit within bay windows. If you are measuring for bay windows, check our handy measuring guide to make sure you have allowed the right amount of space for the headrail.
Different Fabric Types for Vertical Blinds?
We have a vast collection of fabrics available for vertical blinds, meaning we will have the right colour and finish to complement any space or décor. To help you see what’s on offer, we’ve listed below just some of the performance features within our fabric ranges.
- Light filtering fabrics offer privacy and glare control, while still allowing light in. As this can vary between the fabrics, we would always recommend ordering samples to check the suitability for your space. These will work well in any room where privacy is important but there is no need to completely block out the light.
- Voile and sheer fabrics are perfect if you would like to ensure some privacy but still allow the maximum amount of light through and maintain a degree of outward vision. These are very popular in light, natural hues for living rooms and dining rooms, especially when styled with curtains.
- Blackout fabrics will block light from coming through and will give you increased privacy. Blackout vertical blinds are perfect for bedrooms, children’s rooms and nurseries, or in any room where you would need to completely prevent light coming in.
- Moisture resistant fabrics have been created with kitchens and bathrooms in mind. The fabrics are made in a way that means they maintain their colour and finish even in moist conditions. Moisture resistant vertical blinds are perfect for rooms where they’re likely to come into contact with water, for example kitchens, bathroom, utility rooms or playrooms. As well as being able to withstand coming into contact with water, moisture resistant vertical blinds are also easy to keep clean, making them a practical choice.
- PVC waterproof fabrics are not only completely waterproof, but they are also flame retardant and blackout, making them a versatile and practical fabric type. In addition, PVC vertical blinds are one of the easiest blinds to clean as you don’t have to worry about fabric soaking in water. This makes them well suited to kitchens and bathrooms. They’re also a popular choice for school classrooms.
- Thermal energy saving fabrics perform well when it comes to both saving energy and providing insulation. They are beneficial all year round, too, preventing heat loss during winter and keeping rooms cool during the summer months, so they’re perfect for living rooms and dining rooms.
- Solar control fabrics absorb or reflect a higher percentage of solar radiation than regular fabrics. This is because some of these fabrics have the ability to soak up most of the solar energy coming in through the window, while others have a silver foil backing that maximises the amount of solar radiation reflected. Therefore, some of the heat can be absorbed, heating up the glass of the window and the vertical window shade, and some reflects away from the glass and blinds.These solar control fabrics are a welcome addition for any rooms that get a lot of heat, such as conservatories and sunrooms.
- Pollergen vertical blinds have been specially developed with anti-allergen properties that help reduce and remove up to 50% of any pollen or dust that comes into contact with the blind. This makes them great for people with hayfever and they are especially suited to conservatories, bedrooms, children’s bedrooms and nurseries.
- Flame retardant fabrics have a flame-retardant finish that is applied to the fabric in manufacturing and doesn’t affect the look of the blind. They are ideal for spaces in which fire safety is key, plus, as well as being flame retardant, these vertical blinds are blackout and waterproof, making them a perfect option for any home.
Different types of vertical blinds?
Rigid PVC vertical blinds
In addition to our fabric vertical blinds, we also have a range of rigid PVC vertical blinds. These are all completely blackout and waterproof and as they are completely chain-free, they may be worth considering in homes with pets and young children.
We would recommend this product for bathrooms and commercial properties. Take a look at our range to see which ones work for you.
Replacement vertical blind slats
If you already have a working headrail in place, you might be planning on just replacing the vertical blind slats. Whether you’re updating your existing décor or have moved into a new home and want to make it your own, this could be perfect for you.
Mixing different vertical slats
By choosing replacement vertical blinds, you can get creative, too. They give you the opportunity to create a unique combination by combining different slats.
Simply order two or three replacement slats and mix and match them as you like. We suggest sticking to the same fabric texture and type to give your blind a professional edge.
How to measure for vertical blinds
There are a couple of different ways to measure for vertical blinds and vertical replacement slats depending where they will be fitted. Check out our measuring guide online, which offers extra information and all the hints and tips to ensure you get it right when ordering.
How to fit vertical blinds
If you want to know how to approach fitting your vertical blinds, we have a great guide, including a handy video.
Where are Vertical blinds made?
Our vertical blinds are UK-made. They’re lovingly handcrafted by our skilled team using only high-quality materials and components that are drawn from leading suppliers.
We’ve been making and selling blinds for 50 years, so you can rest assured you are buying a product that will really stand the test of time.
With so much experience under our belt, we’re confident in the quality of our products and we want you to be too. That’s why we offer an extended five-year warranty on our vertical blinds and vertical replacement slats.
What’s more, an extensive number of our vertical blinds is available for next day delivery, thanks to our SwiftTrack service. This means that when you order before 12 noon, we will make your blinds the same day and deliver them to your doorstep the very next day. Look out for the SwiftTrack symbol when shopping your vertical blinds online.